Fair Political Practices Commission Reporting

The City Clerk serves as local filing officer for the Fair Political Practices Commission. These reports include Conflict of Interest Statements and Campaign Finance Reports. Members of the public may inspect and/or obtain copies of campaign statements and other election-related documents by contacting the City Clerk's office.

Conflict of Interest Statements

Public officials involved in making governmental decisions are required to file Conflict of Interest Statements upon assuming office, annually, and when leaving office. Combined with our local conflict of interest laws, reports are required from:

The City Council Members are elected officials identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the City Clerk's office. Copies of the statements of economic interests filed by the above elected officers may be obtained by visiting the office of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the City Clerk. 

The physical address of the FPPC is: 
1102 Q Street Number 3050
Sacramento, CA 95811

The physical address of the City Clerk's office is: 
30448 Rancho Viejo Road, Suite 110
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. 

Email your request to the City Clerk. The statements of economic interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website.

Campaign Finance Statements

Campaign Finance statements are required of candidates, City Council members, political action committees, and individuals making or receiving $2,000 or more to support or oppose candidates or measures. View Campaign Finance Statements.

Please email the City Clerk's office or call them at 949-443-6310 for Campaign Statements filed prior to January 1, 2021.

Fair Political Practices Commission Forms

All forms are available through the FPPC Website. Most forms may be completed online and printed out for signature and filing.

The City Clerk can assist with general guidelines concerning reportable interests, revenues, or expenditures. Detailed, situation specific questions must be answered by the Fair Political Practices Commission. Please contact the FPPC toll-free at 866-275-3772, or via their website.

Form 801

  • No reports filed at this time.

Form 802

City Council Policy 131 - Distribution of Tickets and/or Passes (PDF)

Form 803

  • No reports filed at this time.

Form 806