The City Council created the Wall of Recognition to honor individuals whose service to the community has made the City of San Juan Capistrano a more productive and enjoyable place to live, work and play. The nomination period is now open and will close at 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 14, 2022. Once the City Council makes its selection, an unveiling ceremony of the new inductees will take place at the San Juan Capistrano Community Center, where the Wall of Recognition is located.
Instructions and guidelines on submitting a nomination are outlined below. Please email a final document in Word or PDF to Kristen Hauptli at Khauptli@sanjuancapistrano.org. If you have any questions, please call (949) 443-6364.
Who can Nominate/Sponsor an Individual
1. Non-Profit Organization 501 (c)(3);
2. Consensus of minimum ten (10) individuals whose Primary Residences are in the City of San Juan Capistrano; OR
3. Recommendation by City Council Member.
1. Nominee must be a resident (Primary Residence) for minimum of eight years.
2. Service to community must have been performed in the City or shown to directly benefit the City.
3.City Council may waive portions or all of the qualification requirements with majority approval of committee members.
Nomination Submission Requirements (limited to one (1) single sided 8.5" x 11" typewritten page
1. Name, Address, and Age of Nominee.
2. Name and Address of the Sponsor(s) and one (1) Contact Person to represent the Sponsor.
3. Length of time the Nominee has resided in the City.
4. Services provided by the Nominee that has benefitted the community and length of time they were provided. Please estimate the number of hours the Nominee spent in the provision of these services.
5. A description of why the services provided by the Nominee were of value to the community and why the Sponsor considers the Nominee to be ideal for the Wall of Recognition. The Sponsor shall be responsible to verify the accuracy of the information provided.