How do I submit plans to the Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA)?

To determine if a proposed project requires OCFA review, applicants will need to complete an OCFA Residential Screen Check form or OCFA Commerical/Multifamily/Tract Screen Check form

New Outdoor Non-Cooking, Gas and Wood Burning Fireplaces, Fire Pits, Fire Rings, and Similar Devices, Exterior to Residential Occupancies or Un-Enclosed Accessory Structures that are located on the perimeter of a community containing, or adjacent to slopes or hills, or adjacent to an open space or wildland area containing non-irrigated vegetation, or in a State Responsibility Area or Local Responsibility Area “Fire Hazard Severity Zone”, as defined by the State, or (D) near an area that could be affected by a wildfire in the open space may also require OCFA review. 

Any projects that are determined to require OCFA review will need to be submitted directly to OCFA Headquarters located at 1 Fire Authority Rd., Irvine, CA 92602.

For OCFA submittal information, please visit For questions regarding OCFA plan review, please call OCFA at (714)573-6100 or email


Show All Answers

1. Is City approval required for my planned improvement?
2. What is the zoning of my property?
3. How do I submit my planning application and/or apply for a permit?
4. How do I submit plans to the Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA)?
5. How long does plan review take? How do I check the status of my permit?
6. How can I discuss my correction letter with a Plans Examiner?
7. How do I file a Code Enforcement Complaint?
8. How do I schedule a Building Inspection or view inspection timeframes & results?
9. When does a building application or issued permit expire? How do I request an extension?
10. When/What inspections are required?
11. Why do I need an inspection?
12. How do I cancel a permit and/or request a refund?
13. How do I request a new address or change of address?
14. How do I register as a deputy / special inspector?
15. How do I view or request a copy of building permits or building plans?